"Ooh, sugar pie, honey bunchYou know that I love youI can't help myselfI love you and nobody else" - The Four TopsDon't tell me you didn't sing this. Right? When was the last time you even had pie?-
Scholarship Program - Stay Tuned!
Dated: February 6 2023
Can you believe that school, in Cheyenne, will be out in 17 weeks from today?!?! The track and field hoorah's. The spirit days. The last minute "get your grades up" conversations. Let's not forget the graduation days! So many things to think about and prepare for as our children grow into themselves and the world around them.
As parents and guardians we try, with all of our might, to make sure that our children have the skill set, common sense and knowledge we think they will need to soar into their next chapter. Can we just spin the word college around in our mouths for a second? I mean, the money just to attend is a challenge in itself. Plus the books, the cars, the gas, the ramen noodles, the hoodies, the cell phones and headphones.
NextHome Rustic Realty is dedicated to helping our local young adults learn to lead the future with a commitment to excellence, ethics and growth. Let's be real. They ARE our future.
Every year we choose 2 applicants that are seeking a degree in Business/Business Management, Marketing or Real Estate. We get in touch with all of the local high schools, LCCC and University of Wyoming and we provide them the link for the application and any student interested in applying can absolutely do so! Here are a few requirements.
- Be a legal resident of Laramie County. Be a current senior student at a Laramie County High School; or be a graduate of a Laramie County High School; or have a G.E.D.
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale, as evidenced by an official transcript from the applicant’s high school.
- Course of study must directly relate to Business, Marketing, Real Estate.
- Have significantly contributed to his or her school or community by way of involvement in extra-curricular activities, including, but not limited to service clubs or organizations, honor societies, choir, orchestra, band, athletics, speech, or debate teams, fine performing arts, Scouts, FFA, and 4-H.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Completed (typed) application form.
- An official transcript(s) showing GPA must be attached.
- All current High School students must submit a letter of recommendation from a member of school faculty or administration. Post High School graduates (or G.E.D.) must provide a letter of recommendation from a civic leader, volunteer coordinator, or employer.
- For High School graduates of any year other than the current one, and entering college for the first time, a resume.
A typewritten 500 word maximum essay on why you want to pursue the course of study you have chosen and how it would relate to the Business, Marketing, or Real Estate.
The application form and other required documentation must be received by NextHome Rustic Realty no later than April 20th, 2023.
The recipient will be selected from applications submitted to NextHome Rustic Realty and will be at the sole discretion of NextHome Rustic Realty selection and will be made with formal announcement in May.
NUMBER AND AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
The number and amount of scholarships will be determined yearly based on the amount of funds available. Presently, each NextHome scholarship will be $500 made out to the approved applicants in the form of a check. Scholarships recipients must notify NextHome Rustic Realty of any change of address. Failure to do so will result in termination of the scholarship.
This application, transcript(s), letter of recommendation, essay and/or resume can be submitted to NextHome Rustic Realty via e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
NextHome Rustic Realty, 3306 Kelley Dr., Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
So, keep your eyes peeled on our social media platforms and our website for the application link. Talk to your schools counselors for more information or call our office at 307-459-5599.
Oh, hey! Glad you're here! My name is Mandy and I take great pleasure in assisting everyone in the brokerage. Whether it's questions on contracts, amendments, insurance or a simple therapy session,....
Latest Blog Posts
It's TIME!For all of the young adults seeking to apply for our scholarship program, the time has finally come.Here is the link for the application.https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtEMXmMsjKCD6w-VQy-Q7F5-JFmi?e
Look, new year resolutions aren't always easy to keep, maintain, start or even make. What will I resolve this year? Where am I REALLY going? What do I really want in my life?Let's keep it black and